why the hell does this not work??????

Oliver Hardt hardt at u.arizona.edu
Fri Nov 15 08:39:01 EST 2002

gals and guys:  i am pretty much pissed off right now.  below is a
snippet of code that is driving me nuts.  this code simply displays
something on the screen and then *should* ask the user whether that
should happen again or whether the program should go on and do
something else.  this response is get using "answer question".
	so far, so straightforward.  in the code, the "put
flushEvents ..." and "set the cursor ..." lines or just in because i
thought they might solve the problem,  but they didn't.

	and this is the problem: the "answer question" dialogue ONLY
pops up, when i run the stack from within RunRev UI (i.e., i start
RR, and then use the File menu to open the stack).  it *doesn't* pop
up, when i simply double click the stack icon on my desktop (RR is
not loaded when i click).  all this happens under OS X 10.2.2.  WHAT
THE F!&@*! IS GOING ON HERE????

	please help me!!!  thanks, olli.

repeat
     lH_clearDisplay
     lH_Instructions

     put flushEvents(all) into lDummy
     set the cursor to hand
     answer question "Again?" with "NO" or "YES"
     put it into lAnswer
     if it is "NO" then exit repeat
   end repeat