The RR programming model

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Nov 14 15:16:01 EST 2002

On 11/14/02 2:44 PM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:

> You can think of a "stack" as the contents of a window, with a "card" being
> one of a nearly unlimited number of screens in that window.  Each stack has
> one card when it's created, and you can create more cards with the "create
> card" command or make a duplicate of an existing card with the "clone card"
> command.
>
> You could think of a card as being similar in some respects to a VB form.  A
> card is where you put controls (buttons, field, images, etc).  Like VB,
> Visual C++, and others, controls are placed on the card by drawing them
> interactively using the appropriate tool.

I agree with the card assessment, and would further the one on stacks to say
- you can think of the stack as the window itself, and not just the
contents. Generally, the stack is like a smart window, and the cards are the
contents.

Then again - I also rather liked Dar's version (paraphrased) "Fill up a
shoebox with stuff, get visited by aliens, and there ya go... Revolution!!"
Or something like that.  ;-)

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.