Showing/Hiding Images on mouseLeave...

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Nov 14 14:28:01 EST 2002

>  > If the top image has transparent pixels,
>>  moving the cursor from an opaque portion of the image to a
>>  transparent portion WITHIN THE SAME IMAGE will generate a mouseLeave,
>>  and moving from transparent to opaque portions generates a mouseEnter.
>
>This is desirable behavior since it allows you to employ non-rectangular
>regions.

Scott, et al:

As a general feature, yes; but in the specific instance and way Igor
is using the images, it could mean problems if that is not the effect
he was intending.  Show the user a circle with a transparent center;
from the point of view of the user, the cursor is over (inside) the
image even when it is over the transparent center.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company