1.5 (now 2.0)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Nov 13 11:42:28 EST 2002

>  > And here's one last trick: if a GIF is suitable for your needs
>>  (one level of
>>  transparency) you can use an animated GIF that contains each
>>  clock face on a
>>  separate frame.  When you need to change the clock, simply script "set the
>>  currentFrame of img myClock to x" where x is the frame number of the
>>  appropriate clock face.
>
>my personal favorite. You could have different images for night and day.
>Let's see. 12 images per hour * 24 hours per day = 288 separate
>images...lot's of images to keep track of *unless* it's one GIF file.

Hi Again, Chipp:

Unless RunRev v2 will support true round buttons (I'm guessing at
this point it won't), it seems I will have to create different images
for daytime & nighttime.  This will produce about 314 images instead
of 157 (in addition to the 144 possible time configurations there is
a blank clock face the user can click on to select the hour and
twelve clock faces with only an hour hand the user can click on to
complete time designation by clicking on the minute).  I'll look at
combining the images; though OenoLog already uses 370+ other images,
so what's a few hundred more.  :{`)

Oops! The animated gif sounds good; but for the issue that the
image(s) must appear on 25-30% of the cards in the stack.  Can one
set the icon of a buttom to a specific frame in an animated gif?

>When it comes to screen display of images and graphics, Scott Raney's
>catchphrase "There's a better way to do that" has never been more true.

I'm still groping to find that better way.  The basic hang up I'm
finding is images displayed as icons don't look [different borders)
or behave the same as native images, and to duplicate the native
image look on multiple cards requires multiple copies of the same
image.

--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company