1.5 (now 2.0)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Nov 12 11:28:00 EST 2002

> I have a "round" button named "Clock" and a series of transparent,
> round clock-face icons depicting clock hand positions for all
> possible times of day (in five minute increments).
>
> I want to be able to change the clock's background color to depict
> daytime (6 AM - 5:55 PM) vs nighttime (6 PM - 5:55 AM) hours.  How
> can I change the background color inside the circular image without
> changing the color of the button's corners protruding around the
> circular image.

Rob, is the button round or rectangular. You talk about the button's
corners, but a round button has no corners - so I'm not sure I understand
exactly the question.

If I were to try and create the effect I *think* you're after, I'd probably
overlay a circular graphic with a color and use one of the ink effects to
create a see-thru effect. Or, I would use a single transparent circular.gif
and set the the blendLevel of it to a transparent number. Of course you'll
need to pass the mouseUp event (or others if you use them) through it.

Also, don't forget you can set the backPattern of a graphic to an image. Not
sure if it will help, but it is an interesting way to crop images to a
circle.

hope this helps.

-Chipp