Newbie Questions!

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 12 02:56:01 EST 2002

Igor de Oliveira Couto wrote:

> 1) Is the stack that functions as the 'document' (the one I saved all
> the relevant information TO) cross-platform? ie, would a Mac and a
> Windows user be able to exchange stacks?

Yes.  Revolution stack files will open on all supported platforms without
modification.

> 2) Is it possible for me to setup a custom Mac file type for that
> stack? (and a custom icon?)

Yes, provided you're comfortable with ResEdit.  You'll want to change the
BNDL resource and edit the icns resources, but it's pretty straightforward.

If you'll be distributing your app you may want to register your creator
code with Apple:  <http://developer.apple.com/dev/cftype/>.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation