Several questions about the Menu Mgr

Gareth Jones gslj at intergate.ca
Mon Nov 11 13:07:01 EST 2002

I'm trying to mock up a program's menu structure. (Actually, to
figure out better menus for OpenOffice.org, so I can suggest the
changes to the dev team). I need to be able to show:

shift-control keyboard equivalents to the menu items (e.g. shift-control-M)
function key keyboard equivalents to the menu items (e.g. F2)
hierarchical menus

I did read Richard Gaskins' recent e-mail about hierarchical menus.
where he seemed to say that entering <tab)menuname would do it. If I
type <tab>menuname into the Menu Manager, however, the resulting menu
item shows in the main menu as "ab>menuname" ... and if I press the
tab key, it just pops into the next text entry field, so that doesn't
work :-)

Any help would be appreciated.

-Gareth