Sockets

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Mon Nov 11 04:20:01 EST 2002

The script Ken Ray posted on his site to Get MAC Address is excellent.
One note though, on my Win98 SE machine the function returned nothing
because

get matchText(temp,"Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :
([A-Z0-9-]*)",retVal)

doesn't find "Physical Address. . . . . . . . . :"

The data returned by IPCONFIG.EXE shows "Physical Address. . . . . . :"
So, removing 3 periods:

get matchText(temp,"Physical Address. . . . . . : ([A-Z0-9-]*)",retVal)

does work.

Perhaps the format of information returned by IPCONFIG.EXE varies by Windows
version (a very Microsofty possibility!) If this is so, someone more adept
at Regular Expressions than I might want to post a matchtext parameter that
finds "Physical Address" + any number of periods + colon.

Jim Lambert