Web Access (corrected version!)

Gary Aitcheson gary_aitcheson at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 4 15:21:00 EST 2002

Sorry, I had typos in my last post. I shouldn't write these late at night. I did have the appropriate slashes in the address but it still did not work. To recap - I am trying to use revGoURL to access the web. I have RR 1.1.1 on XP and Internet Explorer. I get a web page that says in part "Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested."  This is clearly because the address in the Address Bar is different from the one that  I put with the revGoURL command. It seems that somewhere the system thinks my address is incomplete and is trying to be helpful by adding to it, but the end result is incorrect. My experiments with different forms of the command give these results int the Address Bar

revGoURL  "http://www.runRev.com/"  gives   http://"http://www.runrev.com/"
revGoURL  http://www.runrev.com/      gives   http://"http:"/
revGoURL  "www.runrev.com/"            gives   http://"www.runrev.com/"
revGoURL  www.runrev.com/              gives   http://"www.runrev.com/"
revGoURL  www.runrev.com               gives   http://"www.runrev.com"/

I suspect that the problem is not in RR but elsewere in the process. Any ideas?

Thanks for your patience with this rather boring glitch - Gary