SQL connections

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Nov 2 01:21:00 EST 2002

On Friday, November 1, 2002, at 05:52  PM, Bernard Devlin wrote:

> You will need to configure the Dsn (ODBC DataSource Name).  I know how
> to do
> this on Win2k and Linux, but not on OS X.  It means you will need to
> have ODBC
> drivers for the database you are using (unless you are using MySql,
> Oracle or
> Valentina - in which case I believe you can make use of the connectors
> supplied
> with Rev.)

Starting with Mac OS X 10.2, there is an ODBC Administrator app in
/Applications/Utilities. I haven't used it, but would be *very*
interested to hear how it goes and if you get Rev. working with ODBC on
OS X.

The only time I've used ODBC before was on Windows and am familiar with
setting up DSNs there. But on Unix/Mac OS there seems to be a panoply
of different ODBC drivers and layers. Not sure where to start!

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at swcp.com
alex_rice at arc.to