Concatenating files

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu May 30 14:53:01 EDT 2002

Recently, "Howard Bornstein"  wrote:

> I'm building a small app to concatenate separate files. Specifically, I'm
> trying to join multi-part files posted to Usenet. These files are
> typically binary (movies, MP3s, etc.).

<snip>

> Why is the data getting trashed with the OPEN/READ/WRITE commands and/or
> is there some way to speed up the get/put URL commands?

Could be wrong but I would guess:

1) open/read/write reads the information as text, not binary info

2) get/put URL might go faster if if you get/put the data into a variable
and write it out once, rather than writing after each 'get' (slow).

  repeat for each line thisline in fld "Inputfiles"
    put URL ("binfile:" & thisline) after tData
  end repeat
  put tData into URL "binfile:FinalOutput"

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design