Import snapshot and export to JPEG

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed May 29 13:02:01 EDT 2002

> The after I select the image I save it as a JPEG with a .jpg extension.
> This works fine except the file type in the Finder doesn't think it is a
> graphic image. When I double click on it, TextEdit is opened and a bunch
> of text is displayed. If I open it in Preview it looks fine.

I am using the following code in JPEGCompress 2.0 ...

    set fileType to "MSIEJPEG"

That line will set the exported image type and creater codes to that of a
JPEG Image that was created with Internet Explorer.  It's still a good idea
to use the ".jpg" extension, but you'll need to put that code in your script
so that MetaCard/RunRev will know what type of file it is.

If you want to set the Creater/Type codes to something else then you can use
ResEdit (In Classic Mode) to get the file type and creater codes for the
desired application.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/