Setting the scale of player and relative paths

malte brill malte.brill at t-online.de
Wed May 29 06:11:01 EDT 2002

Hello,

still being a newbie I often hesitate to contact this list with my maybe
stupid questions. I prefer searching the archives, but actually it´s often
not so easy to find answers (I´m using the search function of outlook, maybe
there is a better way ;-) )

Now I have two questions I couldn´t find an answere to:
1.
I have been creating a simple app that´s playing back my selfmade Mpeg1
Movies. In order of running it on any resolution I have to scale the player.
But if I set the rect of player (depending on the resolution) my movies
loose performance. So I looked in the Dictionary for a better way and came
across the scale command. If I try to set the scale of my player I get an
error message "Object does not have this property". What am I doing wrong?

2.
Relative Paths:
I still can´t get it done. My app needs to run on Mac and Windows systems
(from CD). Can anyone give me an easy discription on how to set relative
paths?

Thanks and regards
Malte