record sound on a Mac

Mark Talluto fuegox at mac.com
Mon May 27 11:05:01 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, May 21, 2002, at 10:04  PM, use-revolution-
request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> This is fascinating.
>
> So, let me get this straight again. Are you saying QT 5, all by itself,
> is
> somehow breaking up a single recording into sound segments, and then
> playing
> them back, each segment being played forward, i.e., the sound segments
> are
> NOT backwards, but in reverse order? OR, is it just playing the whole
> thing
> backwards (difficult to type that, you'd have to reverse letters,
> etc.). Can
> you send me the file that does this off list? I'd love to hear it for
> myself.
>
> Try making a continuous recording, one where sound never stops, like a
> short
> song. I'd like to see what it does with that. I'm not having problems
> like
> you describe, nor have I heard of your particular problem.
>
> Lots of folks are recording sound into QT files, including myself, and
> many
> of them _every day_ as part of their work. To repeat, I have _not_
> experienced the problem you speak of; therefore, although I'm not
> saying QT
> 5 is 100% bug free, just that I doubt that is the problem.
>
> Try the QuickTime list:

> ...perhaps someone there knows the problem and how to fix it.
>
> Best regards,
> Ken N.

Have you tried the recorder stack I created?  If so, did it create
messed up recordings for you?  Do you have a sample stack that can
record reliably?  I would like to see what you are doing.  If everyone
here is doing it ok, then I should be able to as well.  I noticed that I
had over 25 downloads of my recorder stack.  Did anyone out there get
strange results from your tests with it?

I will send you the stack and a qt file it created.

-Mark T