use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #425 - 16 msgs

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun May 26 17:45:00 EDT 2002

Shao Sean wrote:

> is anyone else starting to receive "spam" from this list?
> i've also received a few unknown emails that contained the same virus..

Since the Klez virus is so prominent right now, I tend to think that
Klez is sending the spam rather than a robot trolling the list for
addresses. Klez fakes both the "from" and "to" addresses, using listings
from an infected user's address book for both entries. That means that
anyone with the infection who also happens to have the Rev mailing list
in their address book could look like they were sending spam from the
list. For more:

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,52174,00.html

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com