Mac visible file bit?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat May 25 11:33:02 EDT 2002

>> I don't see any native capability to do this within MC/Rev, so you would
>> need an external to do this.

Just as a challenge, I looked into this a bit more and found this:

  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/6198/HyperStakz/XCMDs.html

At the top of the page you will find Caliban's XCMDs, a large collection of
Hypercard externals.  Download this package, open the stack in ResEdit, open
the XCMD resource and copy the 10th resource in the list named "SetVisible"
into your MC/Rev stack.

Then in your MC/Rev stack, use the following script to hide a file:

  answer file "Locate file:"
  put it into tPath
  delete char 1 of tPath
  replace "/" with ":" in tPath
  SetVisible tPath,false

WARNING:  make sure you know exactly which file you're playing with because
it will disappear.  You would do well to save the original filepath and then
replace "false" in the above script with "true".

This worked for me on OS9.2.2.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director