Mac visible file bit?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sat May 25 10:19:00 EDT 2002

on 5/24/2002 11:23 AM, Yates, Glen at JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com wrote:

> I don't see any native capability to do this within MC/Rev, so you would
> need an external to do this. I don't know if any exist that do this already,
> but if not this would be an easy one to write. Unfortunately, I don't have
> enough time in my current schedule to do it. I could however be per$uaded to
> rearrange my schedule if it's that important to you (and you don't find any
> other source).
>
> Glen Yates
>
> BTW, didn't you hear? Mac OS 9 is dead! :-)

Glen,

I thought it would probably take an external to do it.  I'll probably have
to dust off that codewarrior "C" compiler. Yuk... what a pain after working
with Rev.  Even Applescript won't do it!

Only Apple Computer is saying that Mac OS 9 is dead.  There are still plenty
of users who have a massive investment in software in Classic who are
putting off making the transition for that very reason.  They will have to
convert eventually, but it could still take a few years before they have all
moved up to Mac OS X.  By then we could be looking at Mac OS XV!

I just want to make everyone as happy as possible, and with Revolution I can
do it!

Thanks for taking the time to write back!

Rick Harrison