Can Anyone Give Me A Clue

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu May 23 10:11:01 EDT 2002

One further clue to pass on:

Avoid working with multiple stacks with the same name in the same session:

It's taken me a while to get used to the fact that Revolution focuses
on a stack's name property, not it's system file name.  So "My Stack
A.rev" and "My Stack A.rev.bu" or "My Stack A.rev copy" are the same
stack to the RunRev engine.  This can introduce uncertainties,
especially if one gets in the habit (I'm weaning myself) of using the
Open Recent Stack menuItem.  In the above scenario, "My Stack A.rev"
could refer to any of the three stacks.  In fact, it will pick the
last of the three to be opened.

So, for instance, when I attempted to open my backup stack to extract
a handler, got the message that a stack with the same name was in
memory, quit & restarted, when I used Open Recent Stack as usual, it
was the backup copy that was loaded, not my working copy.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company