Screen Locks?

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Thu May 23 01:33:01 EDT 2002

>Yves,
>
>I don't get it... How does this lock the screen to the user?
>
>On doIt
>    put the number of btns of this cd into tbtns
>    put the long name of sb "lprogres" of cd 1 of stack "B" into tprog
>    set the endvalue of tprog to tbtns
>    palette "B"
>    repeat with x = 1 to tbtns
>      set cursor to busy
>      set the thumbpos of tprog to x --*** I want to see this ***
>      whateverYouWantToDo x  --*** I don't want to see this until "End DoIt"
>     end repeat
>    close stack "B"
>
>End DoIt
>
>On whateverYouWantToDo x
>   --I'm going to reshape some controls... LOTS of them!
>   set the rect of btn x to someRect
>   set the rect of btn x to someRect
>   set the margins of btn x to someMargin
>End whateverYouWantToDo

I should add the lock screen and unlock screen in the
whateverYouWantToDo handler
Don't forget to add  <btn x of stack "A"> otherwise you'll get an error.

On whateverYouWantToDo x
lock screen
set the rect of btn x of stack "A" to someRect
set the margins of btn x of stack "A" to someMargin
unlock screen
End whateverYouWantToDo

It will slow down your speed but it should work...

Now I understand my code doensn't fill your question because you
unlock the screen at the end of the whateverYouWantToDo code and then
you'll see on the screen the reshaping of your btn each after each.

I must think further at your problem but I don't see an answer for
now. Perhaps somebody else.

You MUST unlock the screen to see the move of the thumbpos of the
progress bar at each loop.
So your problem is so difficult to resolve.

Cheers.
--
Greetings.

Yves COPPE