Observations Re: Images

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed May 22 14:38:01 EDT 2002

At 7:50 AM -0700 5/22/2002, Rob Cozens wrote:
>* There is no way of sharing a image among several stacks except by
>keeping the image as an individual file.  If, for example, one starts
>using an image library stack and references an image in the library,
>a copy of the image is installed in the referencing stack.

You can create a blank button and set its icon to the image; in this way
the image can reside in any stack that's loaded into memory. (Whether this
is practical depends on whether you just want to display the image, or
whether you need to fiddle with such as the imageData or mask as well.)

>* One should never put an image in a group that appears on more than
>one card...rather one should place a button referencing the image by
>icon #.  If this is not done, a new copy of the image appears in the
>stack's image library every time a card containing the group is
>created.

Um? Not sure what you are referring to here as "the stack's image library".
Can you give more details? (I've done just this - an image in a group that
appears on more than one card - without problems.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/