ODBC Drivers for Fm Pro 5.5?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Wed May 22 02:10:00 EDT 2002

>on 21/5/02 4:20 PM, Peter Reid at preid at reidit.co.uk wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone know where I can get installers for ODBC drivers to
>>  support accessing FileMaker Pro 5.5 databases using Rev 1.1.1?  I'm
>>  looking to access FM Pro dbs from Win 32, Mac Classic and Mac X
>>  clients.
>>

>At least on Mac Classic, FMP 5.5 comes with what you need - try running the
>installer again.
>
>   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
>   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
>   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866

Thanks for the response Ben. I know about the ODBC support that comes
with FMP 5.5, but since I'm hoping to run a single copy on a server
and then run my own Rev-built apps on a number of clients, I need
another source of ODBC drivers.  I can't install the ODBC support on
all the clients from my one copy of FMP 5.5!  Also, the only options
available for X seem to be very expensive per-client licenses.

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk