Remove HTML function

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Fri May 17 23:29:01 EDT 2002

On Saturday, May 18, 2002, at 01:58 , Sivakatirswami wrote:

> Does anyone have a script to removing HTML from a string/chunk/whole
> file?

This is how I am handling a download I do daily. The general statement
is pretty simple but note I also handle a special set of characters just
after. Perhaps there is a general rule you could make there.

-- Remove HTML tags
   repeat for each line aLine in data
     repeat while matchchunk(aLine,"<*>")
       delete char offset("<",aLine) to offset(">",aLine) of aLine
     end repeat
     put aLine & return after outData
   end repeat

   -- Remove certain HTML characters which happen to be in the text I
process
   replace " " with empty in outData
   replace tab with empty in outData

regards