sound recording MAC and QTPRO

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Thu May 16 06:05:02 EDT 2002

Talking about recording sound on a Mac, presumably using the record
sound file command in Rev?  Jean-Luc wrote:

> Hello,
> You need to have "QuickTime Pro" installed. Do you have it?
> The player you can dowload free enables you to listen to files, but
not to
> record them.
> Your problem may be due to that. If it is, you can get "QuickTime Pro"
at
> "www;quicktime.com" it costs about $20.

Can someone explain this to me?  The rev 'record sound file' really
needs the 'pro' version of QT?  Although I don't have this, it seems to
work OK as long as I use 'with dialog' and under OS9 only (not OSX,
which has a bug apparently, causing separate channels to record at
different levels).  I'm trying to decide if I need to invest in QTPRO
now!

mark mitchell
Japan