order in the customkeys

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 06:46:01 EDT 2002

--- Pierre-Marie CARETTE
<CARETTE.Pierre-Marie at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> in the palette property of a control, i create
> (button new) in the same
> custompropertyset several property set keys :
> k1,k2,k3,k4...
>
> why i have not the same order in the function keys()
> and when i see the
> palette ?

My best guess is that the order in the keys() function
is actually based on the internal hashing mechanism
that's used in mappings (aka associative arrays).

You could always
    put keys() into tKeys
    sort the lines of tKeys
That should give you the keys in alphabetical order.

But to get them in the order you created them would be
tough, unless you encode that in the keyname somehow.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish
at the same time."  (De Rochefoucald)