Convert date and time to a number to chart

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 14 16:46:01 EDT 2002

I'm writing a program to analyze log files and draw charts from the data
using Ken Simons' excellent object (available from the runrev web site).

The log files are rolled each day so only one day's data is in each file
and I've been able to easily convert the time of day to decimal hours (0
to 24) and plot them. However I want to combine any number of day's
files and have them represented by a number which makes sense.

To plot the X values in Ken's object all I need to do is provide a comma
delimited set of numbers and it will take those and plot them.

Any suggestions?

Bill Vlahos