Delay in accepting "the next mouseClick"

Barry Levine themacguy at mac.com
Mon May 13 23:41:00 EDT 2002

In both a development version and a Distribution version of a small app
I made, clicking on a button requires one to wait almost one second
before the next mouseClick on that button will be recognized. I only
have a few lines of code in the button's script:

on mouseup
   if the mark of this card is true then
     if field theMark contains "true" then
       -- do nothing
     else
       put "true" after field theMark
     end if
   end if
   go to the next card
end mouseup

I'm running OSX (10.1.4) and Rev 1.1.1. The delay seems to be -after-
the handler is done (when I'm already at the "next card"). I've even
tried "renicing" Rev to give it more of the system's attention. Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Barry