embedded media & controls

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sun May 12 20:21:01 EDT 2002

So, here I am cursing and swearing over a Windows build.

I am accessing the Disk Image (on my Macintosh) I am
building my program inside using
Windows 98 on Virtual PC: COOOOL (not at all!)  Merry VPC
will only see my mounted disk image as a shared folder which
it insists on calling "Drive Z" (!!!!!!).  Because I am
unable to embed QT mpegs and Mov files inside the rev file
without losing the functionality of control
bars (I have bombarded you about that already) I have to
reset the data path (Windows cannot find them dynamically)
for each bit of music/movie - I am resetting the pointers to
look in drive E so that when I burn my demo disk and bung it
in my CD drive (which VPC calls drive E)
the paths should be hunky-dory.  The only snag is that not
everybody has the dubious benefits of 2 hard-drives (some
have 1 and some have 3) and therefore a CD with data paths
set for drive E will not function except for Windows users
with 2 hard drives........

HELP.....

Iff (I have a Philosophy degree) I embed the media the
problem of the data paths is nonexistent; but no control
over the music/movies: this is know as the double effect
argument.

I need the functionality of QT controls with embedded media
!!!

I should be extremely grateful for assistance with this
problem.

Richmond Mathewson