Text file end of line

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu May 9 17:15:01 EDT 2002

Revolution does a great job saving a text file in the
platform-appropriate format automatically. On Macs text files the
end-of-line delimiter is a return, on unix it is a line feed, on Windows
it is a return followed by a line feed.

I have an application where I want to read a text file which resides on
a server into the various platforms. If I create the file on a Mac both
the Mac and Windows Rev apps read the file correctly but a linux app
puts everything on the same line.

I can fix this the hard way by doing a replace return with line feed if
the app is a unix app, but is there a better way?

Bill Vlahos