Setting a web proxy in the preferences dialog

Phil Jimmieson P.Jimmieson at csc.liv.ac.uk
Wed May 8 07:23:01 EDT 2002

Hi,
I'm new to Revolution, though I've been watching the mailing list for
a while, and trying to save all the useful snippets. I'm finally
trying to build my first (small) cross platform application, but my
iMac is behind a web proxy, and I cannot get those details to be
retained in the preferences dialog in Rev. I can enter the proxy
details but they're not there when I reopen the dialog, and so the
distribution builder fails to download the windows engine - I suspect
because it doesn't know about the proxy! This is under OSX 10.1.4. Is
there something I'm missing, or is this a bug in the preferences? Can
I download the engines myself?
I've tried resetting the prefs and then re-entering the details but
it doesn't make any difference.
--
Phil Jimmieson  phil at csc.liv.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 794 3689  (Mobile) 07976 983164
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Chadwick Building, Peach Street