Playing players in sequence

Kurt Kaufman kurtkaufman at hotmail.com
Mon May 6 07:32:01 EDT 2002

 > I want to play a series of sound files (xxx.aiff) one after another.
 > I am using Quicktime player objects (as I may need to use MP3's later
 > on). The problem is I can't get them to play one after the other.
 > They all want to play at once. I have tried "wait until the sound is
 > done", but this has no effect. I have found playstopped, but cannot
 > see if and how this could assist.

initial script:
play videoclip "sound1"

(Use the following handler in sound1 player's script)

on playstopped
play videoclip "sound2"
end playstopped

(Use the following handler in sound2 player's script)

on playstopped
play videoclip "sound3"
end playstopped

etc.

Note that I have sounds linked to QT players here, and call
"videoclips". Maybe there's a better way to write this so that you could
use a single script, but I'm not sure of the syntax.

HTH,
Kurt