Problems With Grouped Buttons

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun May 5 15:52:01 EDT 2002

>I have a simple stack with seven buttons, each set to arm on
>mouseEnter.  With seven ungrouped buttons, everything works fine;
>however in a second copy of the stack where I have grouped the same
>seven buttons the behavior is much different

I have done some further testing, and report the following:

1. If the button's 3D property is not checked, a border is drawn
around the button on mouseLeave.  That border remains until another
button in the group receives mouseEnter.

2. If a button's Show Border box is checked, the button will not arm on enter.

3. Without this handler in the group script:

on mouseLeave
   if "button" is not word 1 of the target then exit mouseLeave
   set the arm of the target to false
end mouseLeave

An armed button remains armed until another button in the group
receives mouseEnter.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company