Family of btns

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sat May 4 03:15:03 EDT 2002

At 12:11 AM -0700 5/3/2002, Tony wrote:
>Some clarification will be appreciated as I need
>the family property in a group of non radio btns.
>I hope that there is an easy way to do it if the
>family property can not be set on non radio
>btns....

It looks like you've discovered a bug.

The workaround for now is to script the hilite. If you group the buttons in
question, a handler like the following in the group script will do it:

  on mouseDown
    if the owner of the target is not me then pass mouseDown
    repeat with x = 1 to the number of buttons
      if the owner of button x is me then set the hilite of button x to false
    end repeat
    set the hilite of the target to true
  end mouseDown

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com