Problems With Grouped Buttons

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri May 3 19:26:01 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I have a simple stack with seven buttons, each set to arm on
mouseEnter.  With seven ungrouped buttons, everything works fine;
however in a second copy of the stack where I have grouped the same
seven buttons the behavior is much different, especially when the
mouse passes out of a button into the rectangle of the group.  In
those cases the buttons seem to act like radio buttons: a button
hilited on mouseEnter wont unhilite until another button in the group
receives mouseEnter.  In addition, the button image changes (a border
is drawn around it?) until it is unhilited.

What am I missing?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
http://www.oenolog.com/who.htm