Displaying Irregularly Shaped Images/Transparency

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Mar 31 09:51:01 EST 2002

At 2:04 PM -0800 3/30/2002, HangTime wrote:
>What I'm trying to do is display some irregular shapes over some other
>images, and naturally I don't want the White Space/background to create a
>large square ... I just want the shape.  This seemed like a use for the ink
>property, as I couldn't find any other suitable option, and "Transparent"
>seems to be the type of ink I need to use.  Testing it, it works perfectly
>here, however, transparent is only available under Mac OS?  How do I mask
>out the white space so that it'll work on any other platform I want to
>distribute my app for?  TIA --HangTime [Will Compute for Food]  B-)>

If an image is created with a transparent area (GIF or PNG) and then
imported, Rev will respect the transparency - so if you're creating the
image in an external program, set a transparent area or color and save it
in one of these formats, and the background of the image will stay
transparent once it's imported.

If you're creating the image with Rev's paint tools, the Eraser tool erases
to transparent - any pixel you touch with the Eraser will let whatever is
behind it show through.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!