Problem with modification dates

Tim tim11 at bellatlantic.net
Thu Mar 28 15:11:01 EST 2002

On 3/28/02 2:05 PM, "Geoff Canyon" <gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com> wrote:

> At 8:33 AM -0500 3/28/02, Tim wrote:
>> I have two identical stacks on two machines, a Mac OS X and a Win2K. I want
>> to have a third stack be able to look up the modification date of both
>> stacks and open the most recently modified stack. The problem is that when I
>> open the stack which resides on a Mac with PC Revolution and modify it  and
>> save it, the modification date does not change on a Mac. This is very weird
>> stuff indeed. Does anyone have a solution?
>
> Do the stacks have the same name? You might be getting tripped up by
> Revolution's method of storing stacks in RAM. When you close a stack, it isn't
> really closed unless its destroyStack is set to true.

The stacks do have the same name, but that shouldn't matter because you can
see the modification date not changing even in the finder. It seems that if
you open a Mac stack on a Mac and save it, then the date gets updated, but
if you open the same stack from the PC through an AppleTalk network, then it
doesn't update.
--
Tim