hierarchical menus

Ivers, Doug E Doug_Ivers at lord.com
Thu Mar 28 08:29:01 EST 2002

I didn't get any explanation of how to set up a submenu in the Menu Manager,
so I did it in a script.  Here's what I ended up with:

on createPrefMenu
  -- this is called in preOpenStack
  -- create Preferences menu contents with tab in front of each font name
  --- (to make the font list a submenu)
  -- prerequisite: a button "Preferences" in group "menubar0"
  put the fontNames into sysFontList
  put empty into tabFontList
  repeat for each line L in sysFontList
    put tab&L&return after tabFontList
  end repeat
  delete char -1 of tabFontList  -- the trailing return
  put "Font"&return&tabFontList into button "Preferences" of group
"menubar0"
end createPrefMenu

Any suggestions for improving this?

-- D