Using 2-bit Fonts

David Lee Fish davidleefish at mac.com
Tue Mar 26 06:32:01 EST 2002

I'm building a Japanese language study application and am having problems
with the fields containing Japanese 2-bit fonts.

When the contents of a field are in something like Palatino or Helvetica,
everything works fine but of course the Japanese looks like nonsense.

When I set the same field and its contents to a Japanese font, like Osaka,
the text appears correctly,  but line breaks become wacky, I can't edit the
contents of the field, and clicktext and clickchunk return the entire line.

What's up?

Is there a fix?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.