Tracking user exits and returns

Michael J. Lew michaell at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 25 04:49:01 EST 2002

I am finishing a project where students will generate data in a
simulation that I have constructed in Rev and then take the data to a
commercial graphing and analysis package for further crunching (the
excellent Macintosh program called pro Fit). In the session I expect
the students will switch between my program and the graphing package
about half a dozen times.

I am planning a full evaluation of the software and associated notes
from the point of view of both usability and learning outcomes and
would like a reasonably full audit-trail recording the students'
actions and results. This is, of course, very straightforward for the
Rev bit... but how can I record when the students switch to the other
package and how do I know when they switch back to my Rev simulation?
I expected that I could use closeStack and openstack messages but no
good. They don't seem to be sent when the user switches to and from
another program. Any suggestions?

Regards,

--
Michael J. Lew