assign by reference (arrays)?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Fri Mar 22 13:44:01 EST 2002

One last kick at this dead horse and I'll shut up, Ben,

   on doit msgdata
     put empty into aUseInfo
     put empty into aImproveInfo
     repeat for each line msgrec in msgdata
         put item 1 of msgrec into msgID
         put item 2 of msgrec into msgReplyID
         put item 3 of msgrec into msgList
         switch msgList
         case "use"
             get aUseInfo[msgReplyID]
             if it = empty then put 1 && msgID into aUseInfo[msgReplyID]
             else
               add 1 to word 1 of it
               put it && msgID into aUseInfo[msgReplyID]
             end if
             break
         case "improve"
             get aImproveInfo[msgReplyID]
             if it = empty then put 1 && msgID into aImproveInfo[msgReplyID]
             else
               add 1 to word 1 of it
               put it && msgID into aImproveInfo[msgReplyID]
             end if
            break
         end switch
    end repeat