assign by reference (arrays)?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Mar 22 04:43:01 EST 2002

on 21/3/02 7:26 PM, Rob Cozens at rcozens at pon.net wrote:

> if fromUse then put aInfo into aUseInfo else put aInfo into
> aImproveInfo

That would also work - but in my real application, the arrays get pretty
large, so I don't really want to be copying them twice every time round a
50,000 iteration loop.

Anyway, I think we've agreed that there are a lot of workarounds, so I'm not
complaining (this wasn't a message to improve-rev) - I was checking in case
there was a way to assign by reference, which I'd missed.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866