UDP Broadcast (was Re: Program Linking)

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Mar 20 02:54:01 EST 2002

On Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at 05:26 PM, Scott Raney wrote:

>> Part of my problem in thinking about this is not knowing if OS X
>> UDP will be fixed next week, in six months or never.
>
> How about "Three days ago"?  It's fixed in MC 2.4.2 beta 3.

Cool!  That's great, Scott!

> This was just a chance occurrance, though, because things like this
> are not guaranteed to happen: we still have not received a bug report
> on this issue, and if things are not reported they will often just
> slip through the cracks...

I would like to do my part in this machinery, especially concerning
features important to me.

I have seen indications that Revolution bug reports should go to
support at runrev.com and I have seen indications that they should go
to improve-revolution.  I somewhat go back and forth depending on
what I read last, but lean toward improve-revolution because I'm
not sure whether I'm doing something dumb or for some other reason
a discussion would help.  Maybe I should send them to
improve-revolution and then based on discussion send them on to
support.  I'm willing to do what I can to help people confirm a
bug.  What is the right way to report bugs, Runtime Revolution?

I think I should look at the MC Starter Kit, too.  If there is a
mechanism for MC Starter Kit users to report bugs, then I might do
that (if appropriate).

Dar Scott