Reading data from COM ports

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Mar 19 20:14:25 EST 2002

>I am looking for a way to read data from a COM port continuously. The device
>measures electrical resistance and delivers values. Sadly I don´t have any
>interface specs so I want to find a way to interpret what I find myself. The
>software this thing normally uses is awful!

Hi Olaf,

If I recall correctly from my membership in the FreeCard project, Uli Kusterer
(Witness.of.TeachText at gmx.net) has done some work using HyperTalk to
control theatrical lighting.  Should you contact him, tell him I said
hello & asked if he ever read Deepak Chopra's "How to Know God".
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company