Importing TIF graphics

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Fri Mar 15 12:41:01 EST 2002

> Shouldn't need the Pro version - Pro just unlocks features of the
QuickTime
> Player (the user app), not of the underlying QuickTime system that Rev
> accesses.  (Something Apple do not try very hard to clarify...)
>
> If any recent (3 or later?) version of QuickTime is installed, you should
be
> able to use a player object instead of an image object to display a TIF
> image (if you need to convert the data into an image, I don't know enough
> about the QuickTime access in Rev to know if you can access it - but I
> suppose in the worst case you might be able to use the snapshot
facility).

>   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions to try QuickTime.  It works with
many varieties of the TIF format, however it will not open a G3 or G4
(group 3 or 4 compression) format TIF. And unfortionately for me, G3 TIF is
what I need to view. I even updated my QT to the latest available version.
Bummer!  Other options?

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>