Importing TIF graphics

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Fri Mar 15 11:45:00 EST 2002

on 15/3/02 8:12 AM, Ralf Könner at koenner at t-online.de wrote:

> an idea might be to install a registered Pro version of QuickTime on that PC
> and try to use the import and export features of QT. I haven't done that yet
> but I think it is worth a try.

Shouldn't need the Pro version - Pro just unlocks features of the QuickTime
Player (the user app), not of the underlying QuickTime system that Rev
accesses.  (Something Apple do not try very hard to clarify...)

If any recent (3 or later?) version of QuickTime is installed, you should be
able to use a player object instead of an image object to display a TIF
image (if you need to convert the data into an image, I don't know enough
about the QuickTime access in Rev to know if you can access it - but I
suppose in the worst case you might be able to use the snapshot facility).

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866