Sound Recording on Windows Platform

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Thu Mar 14 05:11:01 EST 2002

Hello,  (using MetaCard 2.4.2B2)

on Windows NT/2000 it is possible to record with MACE 3:1 at 44.100
kHz, 8bit, Mono (" record sound tMysoundFile  with dialog"). However,
I have found it more convenient to use the built-in panel "Sound
recording". The script is:

put word 1 to -2 of
queryRegistry("hkey_classes_root\soundRec\shell\record\command\")
into lyd
launch lyd

If someone has the recipe to launch Mac's built-in recorder "Apple
Simple Sound" I would be grateful for a suggestion.

Regards
Signe Marie Sanne

1. amanuensis Signe Marie Sanne      e-mail: signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Romansk Institutt                            tel:  +47 55 58 21 27
Oysteins gt. 1
5007 Bergen         	 http://www.hf.uib.no/hfolk/mlab/default.html
Norway