Extract a substack

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Thu Mar 14 02:45:34 EST 2002

At 5:47 PM -0800 3/11/2002, JamesHBeckmann at aol.com wrote:
>In a main stack I have created several substacks.  How do I extract these
>stacks from the main stack, or how do I reference these stacks from a
>different stack?

You can reference them simply by name:

  go to stack "My Substack"

regardless of where you are, as long as the stack file that contains them
is open. If that stack file isn't open, you can use the "long form":

  go to stack "My Substack" of stack "The Main Stack"
or
  go to stack "My Substack" of stack "stackfile.rev"

If you want to move a substack out of the main stack, choose "Move Substack
to File" from the File menu. Or use the Stack Mover in the Application
Overview window (click the filename and flip the disclosure arrow to expand
the Application Overview and see the Stack Mover).

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!