Applescript variable contents

Brad Allen BradAllen at mac.com
Tue Mar 12 19:31:01 EST 2002

>Here is a way that has been suggested before and seems to work well: use
>"replace" to insert your variables into place holders in the AppleScript
>before you "do" it.

Thanks. That works well for sending values to an Applescript, and I
just now found out how get information to go the other way (from a
variable in Applescript to a variable in Revolution). Apparently the
"do" command returns a result containing whatever end up in the
Applescript "result" via the return statement.

This doesn't appear to be documented in the Transcript dictionary.