Program Linking

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Mar 12 15:49:01 EST 2002

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 11:01 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> If you're linking between two custom apps built with Rev you can
> use TCP
> sockets.  They're platform-independent, simpler to work with than Apple
> events, and arguably more flexible.

I concur.  I'm too new to Revolution to comment specifically.
However, I have have been happy in using TCP/IP for inter-process
communication (IPC) in general.  It is platform independent and
does not care whether the processes are on the same computer, are
on a local network or are far away.

So far, I see no reason to limit this to TCP; there may be good
uses for UDP in IPC.  (In another world I use a robust
communications layer over UDP for IPC.)

Dar Scott