Program Linking

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Tue Mar 12 13:10:01 EST 2002

on 3/12/02 2:30 AM, Ben Rubinstein at benr_mc at cogapp.com wrote:

> No it wouldn't work between PC and Mac; but only because they have two
> different systems.  On the Mac you use AppleScript for program linking; on
> Windows you use COM, or possibly DDE/OLE.  I don't know to what extent
> Revolution supports any of this.
----------
HyperCard has an 'answer file' command that should do this on a Mac. I don't
have Rev open, but are you saying it doesn't support that command?

Also, I seem to remember something a month or two ago, about allowing Rev on
any platform being able to query what platform it is connected to, then you
can use if/then statements to to decide on syntax changes, if available and
necessary.

But I could easily be wrong about that, and don't remember the results of
the discussion.

Best regards,
Ken N.