mouse messages to invisible controls

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Mar 11 13:30:01 EST 2002

>My young son is programming with Revolution.  He has card size
>images.  He wants to click on/over these and get different behavior
>depending on the zone.  He has tried invisible buttons and graphics
>but these don't seem to get mouseUp messages.
>
>I haven't touched Hypercard for maybe a decade, it seems.  But, I
>thought there was a way to do this.
>
>Any suggestions?

No control will receive messages if it is invisible  (i.e. the
visible property  = false).  The way to do this is to make sure the
opaque property is false and the showBorder property is also false.
If these things are set the object is still visible, but there are no
elements of it that are visible.

Devin
--
Devin Asay